Heel pain in kids (and really pain anywhere) is caused by inflammation. Decreasing inflammation at home is a great first step in helping their heel to start feeling better and ensuring they are wearing proper shoes and have proper support can help to expedite healing and decrease the chance of recurrence. Decreasing inflammation can very easily be done through various methods of icing. Some methods are more convenient than others and all of these icing instructions are available right here on our website! If the pain is present during a time of year when sandals are popular, it also helps to get your little guy or gal into supportive gym shoes any time that they are out and about. This helps to decrease motion at the site of pain and also helps to therefore decrease inflammation from this irritation. If these methods fail to improve your child's condition over the course of a few days, come on in and see one of our doctors - we can offer additional treatments to help your child feel back to their normal self again fast!
- Posted on 09/06/2019Here's What Your Child's Sprained Ankle Could be Hiding
- Posted on 08/22/2019Check out These 5 Ways to Prevent Gymnastics Injuries
- Posted on 09/06/2016Ballet and Your Feet
- Posted on 08/31/2019 Learn the Rules for Shoe Shopping with Kids
- Posted on 07/10/2019 Know the Risks & Protect Kid's Feet from Athletic Injuries
- Posted on 06/26/2019 What Shoes Should I Buy my Toddler?