Toenails grow very slowly, about 1-2 mm per month! When they are infected with a fungus or damaged in any way sometimes even slower. The fungus lives in your nail bed so the treatment must get through the nail and then we begin to see the nail looking, well, more "normal". Overall it takes about 9 months to completely clear a nail, however we start to see changes about 2 months into treatment. It is important to begin treatment as soon as you see the nail changes because at that point the infection is already well established in your nail bed.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 06/03/2020Ridging and discoloration in nails can be frustrating - treating it should be directed at first establishing the cause. Read on to learn more.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 02/05/2020 This is What Your Toenail Color Could be Concealing
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat