Toenails grow very slowly, about 1-2 mm per month! When they are infected with a fungus or damaged in any way sometimes even slower. The fungus lives in your nail bed so the treatment must get through the nail and then we begin to see the nail looking, well, more "normal". Overall it takes about 9 months to completely clear a nail, however we start to see changes about 2 months into treatment. It is important to begin treatment as soon as you see the nail changes because at that point the infection is already well established in your nail bed.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 06/03/2020Ridging and discoloration in nails can be frustrating - treating it should be directed at first establishing the cause. Read on to learn more.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/12/2020 Having excessively sweaty or wet feet causes an environment that is all too nice for microorganisms that can cause you macro troubles.
- Posted on 09/07/2020 Cutting toenails was common practice for podiatrists at one point, but today we perform at risk care.
- Posted on 03/08/2020 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails