Toenails grow very slowly, about 1-2 mm per month! When they are infected with a fungus or damaged in any way sometimes even slower. The fungus lives in your nail bed so the treatment must get through the nail and then we begin to see the nail looking, well, more "normal". Overall it takes about 9 months to completely clear a nail, however we start to see changes about 2 months into treatment. It is important to begin treatment as soon as you see the nail changes because at that point the infection is already well established in your nail bed.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 09/20/2016Why do you want to take my toenail off!?!
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat
- Posted on 05/23/2018 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails
- Posted on 05/18/2018 Why Are My Toenails So Ugly? Could It Be A Fungal Nail?