Athlete's foot, or tinea pedis, is a fungal infection of the skin. It commonly presents as itchy, sometimes inflamed, cracked skin on the bottoms of the feet and in between toes. The longer the infection has been around, the longer it may take to cure, however it takes treatment of the skin itself, and also treating the environment where the fungus may thrive including your shoes and your toenails, if they are affected. For a thorough exam and treatment plan, make an appointment with our doctors at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 06/03/2020Ridging and discoloration in nails can be frustrating - treating it should be directed at first establishing the cause. Read on to learn more.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 02/05/2020 This is What Your Toenail Color Could be Concealing
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat