Athlete's foot, or tinea pedis, is a fungal infection of the skin. It commonly presents as itchy, sometimes inflamed, cracked skin on the bottoms of the feet and in between toes. The longer the infection has been around, the longer it may take to cure, however it takes treatment of the skin itself, and also treating the environment where the fungus may thrive including your shoes and your toenails, if they are affected. For a thorough exam and treatment plan, make an appointment with our doctors at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 09/20/2016Why do you want to take my toenail off!?!
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat
- Posted on 05/23/2018 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails