EPAT is a non-invasive treatment for many types of tendon and ligament conditions. Because it is non-invasive, there is no need for injections/needles/incisions. Therefore most people tolerate EPAT treatments very well. Because the technology uses pulses of energy, some people will describe a feeling of discomfort from the energy as it leaves the probe. People have described this as a repetitive tapping feeling. Because 3 treatments are recommended, people tend to tolerate each successive treatment more easily because they have gotten used to the feeling! There are a number of people who have been dealing with plantar fasciitis (as an example) for a long time, and have undergone cortisone injections. These people agree that they would take EPAT over an injection any day!
- Posted on 02/27/2019Why Standing All Day Is So Bad for Your Feet
- Posted on 09/21/2018Plantar Fasciitis - Heel Pain Stretching Videos
- Posted on 01/25/2018The most advanced therapy available in Elmhurst now!
- Posted on 11/28/2018 My Child's Heel Hurts: What Should I Do?
- Posted on 11/27/2018 Heel pain doesn't have to get you down and it isn't just a part of getting older despite what some people think
- Posted on 05/06/2015 Adult Flatfoot is also referred to as PTTD, or posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Learn more about this condition by reading on.