A stress fracture may or may not show up on X-ray. If there is clinical evidence of a stress fracture but no immediate radiographic evidence, then sometimes it takes about 2 weeks for the stress fracture to be evident on the X-ray, as you will see the evidence of new bone formation. Other times, when there is no evidence of bone reaction after several weeks but a stress fracture is involved, then the patient may have advanced testing such as an MRI to confirm the diagnosis.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Anyone - even the President-elect Joe Biden - can have foot pain!
- Posted on 11/08/2020Raking leaves should be seen for what it is - an activity with special demands that you only do a few times a year and only for a few weeks each year. Read on to learn why we want you to think twice before you rake.
- Posted on 07/01/2020Think you may have stepped on something and now it may be in your foot? Here is what to do.
- Posted on 06/20/2021 Are these normal aches and pains in my feet, or should I go see a doctor?
- Posted on 04/20/2021 Care you take today can prevent pain tomorrow
- Posted on 02/21/2021 Why aren't over the counter orthotics getting rid of my pain? Why custom orthotics may be what you need.