A stress fracture may or may not show up on X-ray. If there is clinical evidence of a stress fracture but no immediate radiographic evidence, then sometimes it takes about 2 weeks for the stress fracture to be evident on the X-ray, as you will see the evidence of new bone formation. Other times, when there is no evidence of bone reaction after several weeks but a stress fracture is involved, then the patient may have advanced testing such as an MRI to confirm the diagnosis.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 11/08/2020Before You Go Out to Rake those Leaves
- Posted on 07/01/2020I think I stepped on something and I think it is embedded in my foot
- Posted on 11/13/2020 I don't recall any trauma, so why do I have pain on the outside of my foot? Could be tendinitis.
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.
- Posted on 09/14/2020 Shin splints should be looked at early and treated