The simple answer to this question is no. Surgery for the sake of fashion is a great risk to take on for very little (or no) gain. I view surgery generally as necessary either when a deformity is painful despite altering shoes or if a deformity has potential to cause additional deformities which may be more difficult to treat later (for instance bunions versus bunions with hammertoes or need for fusion from a chronic bunion due to a severely damaged joint).
- Posted on 11/06/2019Check out Our Top 10 List of “Foot Don’ts”
- Posted on 10/10/2019Check out This Podiatrist’s Guide to Trendy Fall Flats
- Posted on 07/29/2019Top Foot Tips When You Travel
- Posted on 07/18/2019 Pregnancy causes changes throughout our whole body - feet included! Be sure to pamper them so they can carry you all the way to delivery.
- Posted on 05/19/2019 Learn how women's shoe choices affect their feet
- Posted on 05/14/2019 You've likely seen articles about how to get your feet "sandal ready." Now that the weather seems to be changing, our lifestyles and shoegear change and this can be for the better or worse.