Custom orthotics are used in the treatment of bunions, whether in efforts to stave off surgery or to assist in reducing recurrence of a bunion after surgery. These inserts go in the shoes and many people ask if they make the shoes tighter or if they will need a larger shoe to accommodate them. I find that a lot of people are wearing a shoe size that is 1/2 to 1 full size to small in the first place. Therefore, these patients will find it best to wear the appropriate fitting shoe with their custom orthotics. Aside from this, the custom orthotic can be built more slim for certain shoes and can be modified to take up as little space as possible in the toebox. So it will depend on what orthotic and shoe are used whether you feel pressure on your bunion and our goal is to make sure these are comfortable for you!
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 10/09/2020Custom Orthotics - Answering the most common questions!
- Posted on 10/04/2020Orthotics are an effective adjunct to treat and prevent foot pain in patients of all ages
- Posted on 01/05/2021 Your feet set the stage for how your body responds to the forces of this planet. How could supporting them NOT make them feel better?
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 05/25/2020 Pain in the arch and ankle can be due to adult acquired flatfoot and tendinitis of the posterior tibial tendon. Read this article to learn more about the condition and what can be done to make it better!