Compression stockings are beneficial for several different reasons. There are prescription custom fit stockings for conditions such as severe venous stasis, where the veins need extra support to allow the circulating blood to return to the heart. Over the counter compression stockings help in general with circulation, and are recommended for patients who have to stand for long periods of time, or who are traveling and sitting for long periods of time, again, to help with lower extremity circulation and venous return. Compression also helps decrease swelling, or edema, after an injury or after surgery and is also used for extra support. In athletes, the increased compression helps decrease cramping and shorten your recovery time. If you have any questions regarding swelling or circulation in the foot and ankle, give our office a call.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Anyone - even the President-elect Joe Biden - can have foot pain!
- Posted on 11/08/2020Raking leaves should be seen for what it is - an activity with special demands that you only do a few times a year and only for a few weeks each year. Read on to learn why we want you to think twice before you rake.
- Posted on 07/01/2020Think you may have stepped on something and now it may be in your foot? Here is what to do.
- Posted on 06/20/2021 Are these normal aches and pains in my feet, or should I go see a doctor?
- Posted on 04/20/2021 Care you take today can prevent pain tomorrow
- Posted on 02/21/2021 Why aren't over the counter orthotics getting rid of my pain? Why custom orthotics may be what you need.