The simple answer to this question is no - running/dancing/exercising on an ankle injury is not typically recommended. Some injuries are minor enough that you can continue on your normal daily activities outside of exercise, but immediately returning to demanding and high-impact activities (or even returning within a week of an injury) can do a lot more harm than good. Generally speaking, there are alternative exercises that can help you to keep fit while you recover and these include any upper body workouts and core exercises. Dancing, running, biking and other lower body workouts (while frustrating to stop) will lengthen your recovery time after an ankle sprain. The better you are at taking time out to heal early on - the sooner you will be back to your regular routine without pain!
- Posted on 05/02/2019Why Skipping Could be the New Running
- Posted on 04/15/2019This tech could protect runners from stress fractures
- Posted on 04/01/2019This Pre-Run Warmup Could Banish Injuries
- Posted on 05/15/2019 Lace Your Way to Comfier Runs
- Posted on 03/19/2019 Running After Baby: What You Need to Know
- Posted on 02/24/2019 Do You Have Pain On The Outside Of Your Foot? It Could Be Peroneal Tendinitis