An ingrown nail is caused by a corner of the nail growing into the side of the toe. Sometimes, it is easy to clip the side of the nail and get relief. Other times, however, this is just causing more trauma to the edge of the toe as you may have to dig deep and then realize there is a break in the skin. That break in the skin is an entry for bacteria, which may cause a bacterial infection. It is better to have a doctor take a look at your condition instead of digging it out yourself. This prevents infection, and will also educate you on how to prevent its occurrence in the future.
- Posted on 12/01/2020End of the Year - Are your Feet Still Hurting?
- Posted on 06/03/2020Why do my nails have ridging?
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/12/2020 Having excessively sweaty or wet feet causes an environment that is all too nice for microorganisms that can cause you macro troubles.
- Posted on 09/07/2020 Cutting toenails was common practice for podiatrists at one point, but today we perform at risk care.
- Posted on 03/08/2020 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails