Fungal nails are easily transmitted from one person to another if instruments used for pedicures are not properly cleaned and sanitized. Sterilization kills fungus and spores that can otherwise infect the person(s) they are used on. A couple pearls: ensure that the salon sterilizes equipment before making your appointment, use your own polish (or basecoat at least) with antifungal agents in it – like Dr.’s Remedy, or even bring your own instruments to each visit!
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 09/20/2016Why do you want to take my toenail off!?!
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat
- Posted on 05/23/2018 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails