Yes, of course, there is no surgery that is painless. However it probably won’t be as bad as you think it will be. Pain levels depend on many factors including: pain tolerance, type of procedure, severity of the bunion, and how much your tissues swell which is highly dependent on your ability the follow post op instructions. Most of our patients take pain medicine pretty consistently for 3-5 days post surgery. Between day 5 and 7 most patients have decreased to 1-2 pain pills per day and by 2 weeks postoperative 95% of patients are off all pain meds.
- Posted on 02/12/2020Bunions Can Cause Long term Complications
- Posted on 09/06/2019What’s the Deal with Toe Separators Anyway?
- Posted on 08/20/2019Here’s Why Your Feet Swell in Summer & What to Do About It!
- Posted on 10/24/2019 What are Hammertoes and Do They Require Surgery?
- Posted on 01/14/2019 Why Bunion Surgery Isn’t a Permanent Solution
- Posted on 10/01/2018 Ever wonder what is that bump at the base of your baby toe? Read and find out!