Yes, of course, there is no surgery that is painless. However it probably won’t be as bad as you think it will be. Pain levels depend on many factors including: pain tolerance, type of procedure, severity of the bunion, and how much your tissues swell which is highly dependent on your ability the follow post op instructions. Most of our patients take pain medicine pretty consistently for 3-5 days post surgery. Between day 5 and 7 most patients have decreased to 1-2 pain pills per day and by 2 weeks postoperative 95% of patients are off all pain meds.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 10/05/2020Pain in shoes is not an indication not to wear them. Read on to learn a couple common reasons why your feet and shoes aren't getting along.
- Posted on 02/12/2020About those Bunions: Are They Really Just a Bump?
- Posted on 03/15/2021 Over the decades of surgically correcting bunions, there is now an answer that addresses nearly every concern of the past procedures.
- Posted on 02/04/2021 Dr. Doyle is a Lapiplasty 3D Bunion Correction Surgeon!
- Posted on 01/20/2021 MLS Laser - all your questions answered!