Unfortunately, warts are contagious, and it is actually a virus that causes the wart. This is why it is so important to get a proper diagnosis and start a treatment plan right away. The virus can be transmitted by touching someone else's affected skin, or from surfaces such as the side of a pool, a gym floor, or locker room that has touched someone else's skin before you. It often appears in the foot where there is a small nick or cut or scrape which may serve as an entry point. So if you think you may have a wart on your foot, come to Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic and make an appointment with one of our doctors to get a timely diagnosis and start a treatment plan without delay.
- Posted on 08/06/2020Painful ingrown toenails and what treatments are available to you at PPFAC.
- Posted on 01/22/2020Learn the 4 Worst Winter Foot Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- Posted on 08/27/2019This is Why (and How) You MUST Clean Your Yoga Ma
- Posted on 10/12/2020 Having excessively sweaty or wet feet causes an environment that is all too nice for microorganisms that can cause your little one macro troubles.
- Posted on 09/07/2020 Cutting toenails was common practice for podiatrists at one point, but today we only perform this for those most at risk.
- Posted on 05/15/2020 Why is the skin on my feet so dry and flaky?