Unfortunately, warts are contagious, and it is actually a virus that causes the wart. This is why it is so important to get a proper diagnosis and start a treatment plan right away. The virus can be transmitted by touching someone else's affected skin, or from surfaces such as the side of a pool, a gym floor, or locker room that has touched someone else's skin before you. It often appears in the foot where there is a small nick or cut or scrape which may serve as an entry point. So if you think you may have a wart on your foot, come to Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic and make an appointment with one of our doctors to get a timely diagnosis and start a treatment plan without delay.
- Posted on 07/02/2016Why is my doctor asking if I am allergic to shellfish?
- Posted on 05/05/2016Here Come the Bugs!
- Posted on 04/16/2016Torture or Treatment: Episode 5-Acid on your skin
- Posted on 03/21/2019 The first step in treating skin cancer is diagnosing it. If you have a funny looking lesion, don't wait to have it evaluated.
- Posted on 12/26/2018 What are Chilblains and When Should I Worry About Them?
- Posted on 04/17/2018 What Is A Wart And Do I Have One?