Hammertoes are contractures or bending of the toes that can become stiffer over time. The position they are in cannot be corrected through any home treatments. However, you can find some useful accommodative padding at the store and our office offers Silicone tape that can reduce friction, rubbing and the creation of irritation and calluses on the tops of these toes. Wearing supportive shoes will also often help to reduce the excessive pulling of the tendons to the toes which can worsen the condition and even result in cramping later in the day.
- Posted on 08/20/2019Here’s Why Your Feet Swell in Summer & What to Do About It!
- Posted on 07/18/2019What's That Bump - A Series of Videos of Bumps on the Feet
- Posted on 05/28/2019Anti-Bunion Platform Sandals
- Posted on 01/14/2019 Why Bunion Surgery Isn’t a Permanent Solution
- Posted on 10/01/2018 Ever wonder what is that bump at the base of your baby toe? Read and find out!
- Posted on 08/21/2018 How Do I Know If I Have A Hammer Toe?