Hammertoes are contractures or bending of the toes that can become stiffer over time. The position they are in cannot be corrected through any home treatments. However, you can find some useful accommodative padding at the store and our office offers Silicone tape that can reduce friction, rubbing and the creation of irritation and calluses on the tops of these toes. Wearing supportive shoes will also often help to reduce the excessive pulling of the tendons to the toes which can worsen the condition and even result in cramping later in the day.
- Posted on 02/12/2020Bunions Can Cause Long term Complications
- Posted on 09/06/2019What’s the Deal with Toe Separators Anyway?
- Posted on 08/20/2019Here’s Why Your Feet Swell in Summer & What to Do About It!
- Posted on 10/24/2019 What are Hammertoes and Do They Require Surgery?
- Posted on 01/14/2019 Why Bunion Surgery Isn’t a Permanent Solution
- Posted on 10/01/2018 Ever wonder what is that bump at the base of your baby toe? Read and find out!