A neuroma is casued by swelling of the nerve in your foot that runs between the long bones of your foot, or metatarsal bones. Often you may feel sharp, shooting pain to the digits, or just sharp pain in the ball of your foot. To relieve neuroma type pain at home, you can try changing shoe gear to a shoe with a wider toe box, you can try icing the area according to our icing instructions, or you can try over the counter anti inflammaotry medications following the directions on the bottle label. However if none of these relieve your pain or are only temporary, it is time to make an appointment with our doctors at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic. We will accurately diagnose your pain if it fact is a neuroma, and come up with a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Posted on 07/01/2020I think I stepped on something and I think it is embedded in my foot
- Posted on 05/01/2020Is It OK To Go Barefoot All Day?
- Posted on 12/04/2019This is What Your Feet Can Reveal Abut your Heart
- Posted on 09/14/2020 Shin splints should be looked at early and treated
- Posted on 08/07/2020 An injury to your foot or ankle can sideline you, but the sooner you address the issue, the sooner you can return to your regular activities.
- Posted on 04/12/2020 MLS Laser is A Key Treatment Option for Pain Relief