A neuroma is casued by swelling of the nerve in your foot that runs between the long bones of your foot, or metatarsal bones. Often you may feel sharp, shooting pain to the digits, or just sharp pain in the ball of your foot. To relieve neuroma type pain at home, you can try changing shoe gear to a shoe with a wider toe box, you can try icing the area according to our icing instructions, or you can try over the counter anti inflammaotry medications following the directions on the bottle label. However if none of these relieve your pain or are only temporary, it is time to make an appointment with our doctors at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic. We will accurately diagnose your pain if it fact is a neuroma, and come up with a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Posted on 10/04/2019Here's How to Heal Your Feet and Get Back to Exercising!
- Posted on 02/01/2019Sports Related Foot Injuries
- Posted on 01/25/2019How Long Will My Broken Foot be Casted?
- Posted on 08/14/2019 Should I see a Doctor for my Stubbed Toe?
- Posted on 04/10/2019 How Can I Distinguish Between a Fracture and a Sprain?
- Posted on 03/06/2019 What is a Bone Bruise and Does it Need Treatment?