A neuroma is casued by swelling of the nerve in your foot that runs between the long bones of your foot, or metatarsal bones. Often you may feel sharp, shooting pain to the digits, or just sharp pain in the ball of your foot. To relieve neuroma type pain at home, you can try changing shoe gear to a shoe with a wider toe box, you can try icing the area according to our icing instructions, or you can try over the counter anti inflammaotry medications following the directions on the bottle label. However if none of these relieve your pain or are only temporary, it is time to make an appointment with our doctors at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic. We will accurately diagnose your pain if it fact is a neuroma, and come up with a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Anyone - even the President-elect Joe Biden - can have foot pain!
- Posted on 11/08/2020Raking leaves should be seen for what it is - an activity with special demands that you only do a few times a year and only for a few weeks each year. Read on to learn why we want you to think twice before you rake.
- Posted on 07/01/2020Think you may have stepped on something and now it may be in your foot? Here is what to do.
- Posted on 02/21/2021 Why aren't over the counter orthotics getting rid of my pain? Why custom orthotics may be what you need.
- Posted on 01/20/2021 MLS Laser - all your questions answered!
- Posted on 12/05/2020 What does swelling in my foot and ankles mean?