Not necessarily. Steroid is the term used to describe a class of a certain chemical composition. Some steroids occur naturally in the body and others are created. Steroids have received a bad rap in athletics, as some athletes have used steroids in the past to "bulk up." It is important to know that there are many types of steroids and those used to treat musculoskeletal conditions are not same as the ones you've heard or read about on the Sports page. Steroids, in podiatry, refer to a class of drugs that are used for their anti-inflammatory effects. These are available in the form of tablets, creams and also injections.
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 07/02/2016How do prescription anti inflammatory medications work?
- Posted on 04/14/2016Torture or Treatment: Episode 4-
- Posted on 04/21/2019 Do I Have Gout?
- Posted on 03/07/2019 Joint pain can slow you down. Let us take a look and get to the bottom of the issue and help you feel great again.
- Posted on 04/02/2018 Read on to learn the in's and out's of this not-so-uncommon condition