The short answer is Yes! The long answer is that not all flip flops are not equal, and if you choose a cheap, flimsy flip flop then you will have the problems that come along with it. Read Dr. Arain's article on the dangers of flimsy flip flops on our website. Choose a supportive one with a deep heel cup, a supportive arch, and a comfortable footbed. The straps should be thicker and of a comfortable, breathable material, not thin and nonsupportive. Our office recommends Spenco recovery sandals. Spencos come in mens and womens sizes, in all different colors, so you can find a pair that is just right for you!
- Posted on 12/01/2020Anyone - even the President-elect Joe Biden - can have foot pain!
- Posted on 10/09/2020Custom Orthotics - Answering the most common questions
- Posted on 10/04/2020Orthotics area a great option to treat and prevent foot pain in patients of all ages
- Posted on 03/28/2021 Custom Orthotics Fit In Those Shoes?
- Posted on 02/21/2021 Why aren't over the counter orthotics getting rid of my pain? Why custom orthotics may be what you need.
- Posted on 01/05/2021 Your feet set the stage for how your body responds to the forces of this planet. How could supporting them NOT make them feel better?