High heels may be fashionable and look nice, but they do put stress on the feet. The higher the heel, the more your ankle work to stabilize the foot during weight bearing which can easily cause an injury due to a misstep. We see many sprained ankles due to improper balance and a slip on high heels! In addition, your bodyweight is transferred to the ball of the foot which can cause undue pain to the forefoot. Many high heels also have a pointy toebox, which causes pressure on bunions or hammer toes. So if you choose to wear high heels, wear them at your own risk! (They do look nice though, don't they!)
- Posted on 12/01/2020How do I take care of my feet if I have to stand all day?
- Posted on 06/01/2020How Do Different Shoe Styles Affect My Feet?
- Posted on 11/29/2019Will You Join My Resolution & Take Better Care of Yourself?
- Posted on 12/05/2020 There are a few things you can do to start habits that will assist you with your resolutions next month.
- Posted on 07/18/2019 Pregnancy causes changes throughout our whole body - feet included! Be sure to pamper them so they can carry you all the way to delivery.
- Posted on 05/19/2019 Learn how women's shoe choices affect their feet