High heels may be fashionable and look nice, but they do put stress on the feet. The higher the heel, the more your ankle work to stabilize the foot during weight bearing which can easily cause an injury due to a misstep. We see many sprained ankles due to improper balance and a slip on high heels! In addition, your bodyweight is transferred to the ball of the foot which can cause undue pain to the forefoot. Many high heels also have a pointy toebox, which causes pressure on bunions or hammer toes. So if you choose to wear high heels, wear them at your own risk! (They do look nice though, don't they!)
- Posted on 03/07/2021Why Do My Feet and Ankles Swell During and After Pregnancy?
- Posted on 03/04/2021Read on to learn more in this featured blog in honor of Women's History Month
- Posted on 02/14/2021The Benefits of Stretching are Endless
- Posted on 04/20/2021 Care you take today can prevent pain tomorrow
- Posted on 03/15/2021 Over the decades of surgically correcting bunions, there is now an answer that addresses nearly every concern of the past procedures.
- Posted on 02/04/2021 Dr. Doyle is a Lapiplasty 3D Bunion Correction Surgeon!