As foot and ankle specialists, we can't ever say it is 'just a sprain' because even a sprain signifies some amount of damage to the foot or ankle. After an ankle sprain, there is a higher likelihood for recurrent ankle sprains. Prompt treatment reduces the occurrence of ligaments healing 'loose' and this is one way to prevent future ankle sprains. Completing either home therapy or physical therapy also helps reduce this. Furthermore, custom orthotics that help to correct foot position will aid in reducing recurrences by holding the foot in a more stable position.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 11/08/2020Before You Go Out to Rake those Leaves
- Posted on 07/01/2020I think I stepped on something and I think it is embedded in my foot
- Posted on 01/20/2021 MLS Laser - all your questions answered!
- Posted on 12/05/2020 What does swelling in my foot and ankles mean?
- Posted on 11/13/2020 I don't recall any trauma, so why do I have pain on the outside of my foot? Could be tendinitis.