It is true that deformities in the foot such as bunions and hammertoes have a genetic link. However, it isn't a simple 'bunion gene.' Our foot structure is inherited from our parents and the balance or imbalance of tendons within dictate what type of deformities and even which conditions you are likely to suffer from. If your mother/grandmother/father/etc. has or had a bunion you can inherit one as well. However, if you treat early on, custom orthotics can help slow the progression of the bunion down. In some cases you may never have to think about surgery!
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 10/09/2020Custom Orthotics - Answering the most common questions!
- Posted on 10/04/2020Orthotics are an effective adjunct to treat and prevent foot pain in patients of all ages
- Posted on 01/05/2021 Your feet set the stage for how your body responds to the forces of this planet. How could supporting them NOT make them feel better?
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 05/25/2020 Pain in the arch and ankle can be due to adult acquired flatfoot and tendinitis of the posterior tibial tendon. Read this article to learn more about the condition and what can be done to make it better!