Heel pain in children is often caused by Sever's disease, or apophysitis. Apophysitis means that there is irritation to a growth plate in the foot. These growth plates are essentially sections of cartilage scaffold, which will ossify (or turn into bone) as your child grows. This condition is treated easily with appropriate bracing and rest from activity. This is most commonly seen around age 10-12 years.
- Posted on 08/22/2019Check out These 5 Ways to Prevent Gymnastics Injuries
- Posted on 09/06/2016Ballet and Your Feet
- Posted on 01/01/2015What is a UCBL?
- Posted on 07/10/2019 Know the Risks & Protect Kid's Feet from Athletic Injuries
- Posted on 06/26/2019 What Shoes Should I Buy my Toddler?
- Posted on 06/20/2019 Read on to make sure you are keeping your kids feet happy and healthy this summer