The most common cause of heel pain is plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is the inflammation of a band of tissue that starts at your heel, goes across the arch and inserts into the ball of your foot. When you have heel pain, you are feeling inflammation at the origin of the plantar fascia on the inside and bottom of our heel. When you stand without arch support, you arch collapses, the plantar fascia stretches, and then have a proper arch support, you are actually supporting the plantar fascia tissue and preventing it from stretching out. When you support the arch, you are actually taking pressure off the heel. Our office has many options for arch support, from over the counter options such as Powersteps and Footsteps, to custom orthotics. An appointment with one of our doctors will determine what is right for you. So call our office today and we will help you be heel pain free.
- Posted on 02/27/2019Why Standing All Day Is So Bad for Your Feet
- Posted on 09/21/2018Plantar Fasciitis - Heel Pain Stretching Videos
- Posted on 01/25/2018The most advanced therapy available in Elmhurst now!
- Posted on 11/28/2018 My Child's Heel Hurts: What Should I Do?
- Posted on 11/27/2018 Heel pain doesn't have to get you down and it isn't just a part of getting older despite what some people think
- Posted on 05/06/2015 Adult Flatfoot is also referred to as PTTD, or posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Learn more about this condition by reading on.