Shellfish contains iodine. While iodine occurs naturally and rarely causes allergic reaction, in severe allergies it is believed that there may be a link in allergy to shellfish and iodine itself. Iodine is used in podiatry as an antiseptic. In some instances it is used as a recommended topical for use on open wounds, but it is also used on the skin to prep certain areas for injections as a precaution to prevent infection.
- Posted on 01/22/2020Winter Weather Foot Problems to Watch Out For
- Posted on 08/27/2019This is Why (and How) You MUST Clean Your Yoga Mat
- Posted on 07/17/2019Before You Remove those Calluses, Read This
- Posted on 10/12/2020 Having excessively sweaty or wet feet causes an environment that is all too nice for microorganisms that can cause you macro troubles.
- Posted on 05/15/2020 Why is the skin on my feet so dry and flaky?
- Posted on 01/09/2020 What Are Plantar Warts and How Do We Treat Them?