Shellfish contains iodine. While iodine occurs naturally and rarely causes allergic reaction, in severe allergies it is believed that there may be a link in allergy to shellfish and iodine itself. Iodine is used in podiatry as an antiseptic. In some instances it is used as a recommended topical for use on open wounds, but it is also used on the skin to prep certain areas for injections as a precaution to prevent infection.
- Posted on 08/27/2019This is Why (and How) You MUST Clean Your Yoga Mat
- Posted on 07/17/2019Before You Remove those Calluses, Read This
- Posted on 07/02/2016Why is my doctor asking if I am allergic to shellfish?
- Posted on 03/21/2019 The first step in treating skin cancer is diagnosing it. If you have a funny looking lesion, don't wait to have it evaluated.
- Posted on 12/26/2018 What are Chilblains and When Should I Worry About Them?
- Posted on 04/17/2018 What Is A Wart And Do I Have One?