Our walking boots are referred to as a CAM walker, or "controlled ankle motion" walker. CAM walkers are used for various medical conditions requiring stabilization of the foot and ankle. Our doctors will prescribe a CAM walker for fracture care, stress fractures, diabetic foot injuries, and even for soft tissue injuries and swelling due to sprains and tendon tears. It is often also used as immobilization for pain such as plantar fasciitis. A CAM walker is an adjunct to a full treatment plan. Some times, the doctor may apply an Unnas wrap or ankle brace under the CAM walker for additiona support and swelling reduction, and the doctor may make recommendations on your ability to weightbear and activity control. The most important thing is to make sure you see a doctor at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic the moment you feel any foot pain. Call our office and make an appointment 630-834-3668, and you will be glad you did!
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 11/08/2020Before You Go Out to Rake those Leaves
- Posted on 07/01/2020I think I stepped on something and I think it is embedded in my foot
- Posted on 01/20/2021 MLS Laser - all your questions answered!
- Posted on 12/05/2020 What does swelling in my foot and ankles mean?
- Posted on 11/13/2020 I don't recall any trauma, so why do I have pain on the outside of my foot? Could be tendinitis.