Autumn is a great time to take in the changing of color in the leaves and refreshing breeze. Running on the prairie path means you can do both, but are you looking for a change of scenery? There are a few great spots not far from Elmhurst where you can hike trails and get just a little something different out of your exercise. Rock Cut State Park is an easy drive and offers hiking as well as camping and other activities. Starved Rock is another classic spot with great views to see. If you want to get a little farther away, try Devil’s Lake or Governor Dodge State Park in Wisconsin. Governor Dodge State park has waterfalls and springs and miles of trails to hike. All of us in the Midwest know that when Autumn starts, we need to jump on the outdoor activities – you never when or how severe winter will start!
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 11/02/2020How to prevent foot problems in the gym or exercise studio
- Posted on 09/11/2020Should I rest or should I push through?
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 01/29/2020 7 Easy Runners' Hacks To Keep Blisters At Bay
- Posted on 12/18/2019 Can My Strike Pattern Prevent a Running Injury?