Autumn is a great time to take in the changing of color in the leaves and refreshing breeze. Running on the prairie path means you can do both, but are you looking for a change of scenery? There are a few great spots not far from Elmhurst where you can hike trails and get just a little something different out of your exercise. Rock Cut State Park is an easy drive and offers hiking as well as camping and other activities. Starved Rock is another classic spot with great views to see. If you want to get a little farther away, try Devil’s Lake or Governor Dodge State Park in Wisconsin. Governor Dodge State park has waterfalls and springs and miles of trails to hike. All of us in the Midwest know that when Autumn starts, we need to jump on the outdoor activities – you never when or how severe winter will start!
- Posted on 05/02/2019Why Skipping Could be the New Running
- Posted on 04/15/2019This tech could protect runners from stress fractures
- Posted on 04/01/2019This Pre-Run Warmup Could Banish Injuries
- Posted on 05/15/2019 Lace Your Way to Comfier Runs
- Posted on 03/19/2019 Running After Baby: What You Need to Know
- Posted on 02/24/2019 Do You Have Pain On The Outside Of Your Foot? It Could Be Peroneal Tendinitis