My patients ask me what type of socks to wear. The old school party line recommendation was that you should always wear 100% cotton socks. Now I am all for organic materials, but in certain situations, all cotton is not the best. If your feet tend to sweat a lot, or harbor moisture between the toes, then think of wearing an all cotton sock is like wearing a wet T-shirt -- it holds all the moisture in. You need a cotton blended with a moisture wicking material, so that when your feet sweat, the material is wicking moisture away from your skin, not harboring it. This can also help with odor, as trapped bacteria and fungus thrive in a moist environment. So next time you are looking for socks, remember to keep these points in mind.
- Posted on 12/01/2020How do I take care of my feet if I have to stand all day?
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 12/01/2020End of the Year - Are your Feet Still Hurting?
- Posted on 01/05/2021 Your feet set the stage for how your body responds to the forces of this planet. How could supporting them NOT make them feel better?
- Posted on 12/05/2020 What does swelling in my foot and ankles mean?
- Posted on 12/05/2020 There are a few things you can do to start habits that will assist you with your resolutions next month.