My patients ask me what type of socks to wear. The old school party line recommendation was that you should always wear 100% cotton socks. Now I am all for organic materials, but in certain situations, all cotton is not the best. If your feet tend to sweat a lot, or harbor moisture between the toes, then think of wearing an all cotton sock is like wearing a wet T-shirt -- it holds all the moisture in. You need a cotton blended with a moisture wicking material, so that when your feet sweat, the material is wicking moisture away from your skin, not harboring it. This can also help with odor, as trapped bacteria and fungus thrive in a moist environment. So next time you are looking for socks, remember to keep these points in mind.
- Posted on 06/24/2019The top 3 Skin Conditions You Should Know About For Your Feet
- Posted on 06/19/2019Got Diabetes? What You Eat Matters (More than you Think!)
- Posted on 06/05/20196 Reasons NOT to Stick with a Nail Salon
- Posted on 06/26/2019 What Shoes Should I Buy my Toddler?
- Posted on 06/23/2019 Tingling or Numbness in your toes? It could be peripheral neuropathy
- Posted on 06/20/2019 Read on to make sure you are keeping your kids feet happy and healthy this summer