My patients ask me what type of socks to wear. The old school party line recommendation was that you should always wear 100% cotton socks. Now I am all for organic materials, but in certain situations, all cotton is not the best. If your feet tend to sweat a lot, or harbor moisture between the toes, then think of wearing an all cotton sock is like wearing a wet T-shirt -- it holds all the moisture in. You need a cotton blended with a moisture wicking material, so that when your feet sweat, the material is wicking moisture away from your skin, not harboring it. This can also help with odor, as trapped bacteria and fungus thrive in a moist environment. So next time you are looking for socks, remember to keep these points in mind.
- Posted on 05/13/2021Read on to find out ways to safely proceed with your return to running.
- Posted on 05/03/2021Why Do I Need A 2nd Pair Of Orthotics?
- Posted on 04/08/2021Read to learn about some of the common foot conditions in kids and how you can help avoid them!
- Posted on 05/09/2021 Are these normal aches and pains in my feet, or should I go see a doctor?
- Posted on 04/20/2021 Care you take today can prevent pain tomorrow
- Posted on 04/11/2021 When Should An Athlete Go See A Doctor?