My patients ask me what type of socks to wear. The old school party line recommendation was that you should always wear 100% cotton socks. Now I am all for organic materials, but in certain situations, all cotton is not the best. If your feet tend to sweat a lot, or harbor moisture between the toes, then think of wearing an all cotton sock is like wearing a wet T-shirt -- it holds all the moisture in. You need a cotton blended with a moisture wicking material, so that when your feet sweat, the material is wicking moisture away from your skin, not harboring it. This can also help with odor, as trapped bacteria and fungus thrive in a moist environment. So next time you are looking for socks, remember to keep these points in mind.
- Posted on 07/03/2020What your child's ankle sprain may be hiding
- Posted on 07/01/2020I think I stepped on something and I think it is embedded in my foot
- Posted on 06/03/2020Why do my nails have ridging?
- Posted on 06/15/2020 Different types of arthritis can effect your feet, especially your toes.
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 05/25/2020 Pain in the arch and ankle can be due to adult acquired flatfoot and tendinitis of the posterior tibial tendon. Read this article to learn more about the condition and what can be done to make it better!