The type of socks you wear does make a difference in helping you and your foot ailments. Just as you wear special activity specific shoes, it is important to wear the proper socks for different activities as well. For example, you would never wear flats to a spinning class! Just the same, you should pay attention to the socks you wear for activities such as walking and running. It is important to wear socks with a blend of cotton and another material that will wick moisture away from your skin. This important combination decreases the incidence of moisture buildup, which contributes to preventing athlete's foot caused by foot fungus. In addition, you want to make sure the socks have some sort of spandex or stretchy material woven within it, as it should follow the contour of the foot in the arch and should fit you well. Some socks are so specific, there is a "right foot"and "left foot" label for optimum fit depending on its design. At Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic, we carry Feetures socks. All of our doctors wear them especially while running and exercising, and even when doing every day routine activitie and can vouch for the fact that they are a perfect fit. Whether you get your socks from our office or not, just know that socks do make a difference! For any questions regarding socks or any other footcare needs, contact our office for a visit with our doctors.
- Posted on 01/27/2019Know the Benefits of Stretching - Not Just For Workouts, But For Every Day
- Posted on 01/04/2019These 6 Shoes Are Secretly Terrible for Your Feet!
- Posted on 12/31/2018New Year's Resolutions
- Posted on 12/25/2018 I Have Pain In The Ball Of My Foot - What Could It Be?
- Posted on 10/22/2018 Do you have ball of foot pain? It could be a neuroma
- Posted on 05/14/2016 Dark, spidery, painful veins-what do they mean?