The type of socks you wear does make a difference in helping you and your foot ailments. Just as you wear special activity specific shoes, it is important to wear the proper socks for different activities as well. For example, you would never wear flats to a spinning class! Just the same, you should pay attention to the socks you wear for activities such as walking and running. It is important to wear socks with a blend of cotton and another material that will wick moisture away from your skin. This important combination decreases the incidence of moisture buildup, which contributes to preventing athlete's foot caused by foot fungus. In addition, you want to make sure the socks have some sort of spandex or stretchy material woven within it, as it should follow the contour of the foot in the arch and should fit you well. Some socks are so specific, there is a "right foot"and "left foot" label for optimum fit depending on its design. For any questions regarding socks or any other footcare needs, contact our office for a visit with our doctors.
- Posted on 06/15/2021Getting outside is beneficial in so many ways. Here are a few suggestions on how to enjoy it.
- Posted on 03/07/2021Why Do My Feet and Ankles Swell During and After Pregnancy?
- Posted on 03/04/2021Read on to learn more in this featured blog in honor of Women's History Month
- Posted on 04/20/2021 Care you take today can prevent pain tomorrow
- Posted on 03/15/2021 Over the decades of surgically correcting bunions, there is now an answer that addresses nearly every concern of the past procedures.
- Posted on 02/04/2021 Dr. Doyle is a Lapiplasty 3D Bunion Correction Surgeon!