The type of socks you wear does make a difference in helping you and your foot ailments. Just as you wear special activity specific shoes, it is important to wear the proper socks for different activities as well. For example, you would never wear flats to a spinning class! Just the same, you should pay attention to the socks you wear for activities such as walking and running. It is important to wear socks with a blend of cotton and another material that will wick moisture away from your skin. This important combination decreases the incidence of moisture buildup, which contributes to preventing athlete's foot caused by foot fungus. In addition, you want to make sure the socks have some sort of spandex or stretchy material woven within it, as it should follow the contour of the foot in the arch and should fit you well. Some socks are so specific, there is a "right foot"and "left foot" label for optimum fit depending on its design. For any questions regarding socks or any other footcare needs, contact our office for a visit with our doctors.
- Posted on 12/01/2020How do I take care of my feet if I have to stand all day?
- Posted on 06/01/2020How Do Different Shoe Styles Affect My Feet?
- Posted on 11/29/2019Will You Join My Resolution & Take Better Care of Yourself?
- Posted on 12/05/2020 There are a few things you can do to start habits that will assist you with your resolutions next month.
- Posted on 07/18/2019 Pregnancy causes changes throughout our whole body - feet included! Be sure to pamper them so they can carry you all the way to delivery.
- Posted on 05/19/2019 Learn how women's shoe choices affect their feet