Even though diabetes is in the media and there are many ways to be aware of the disease, it often goes misdiagnosed. Most primary care doctors and health care professionals feel that it is because men often do not like talking about their health. June is Mens health month, and the American Diabetes Association is launching a campaign to bring the awareness to the forefront. One of the main barriers, according to an article in Diabetes management, is lack of education and understanding of the disease, and the fear of lifestyle change that it may bring. One of the most important aspects of education in diabetes is how to care for your feet. At Prairie path Foot and Ankle Clinic, once of our main goals is educating our patients on diabetic foot care. If you have any questions about diabetic foot care or if you are diabetic and need diabetic foot care, make an appointment to see one of our doctors. To read more about diabetes and men's health, click here.
- Posted on 07/30/2019Don't take those diabetic feet for granted
- Posted on 06/19/2019Got Diabetes? What You Eat Matters (More than you Think!)
- Posted on 12/30/2018How To Perform a Diabetic Foot Self-Exam
- Posted on 06/23/2019 Tingling or Numbness in your toes? It could be peripheral neuropathy
- Posted on 06/14/2018 Peripheral Neuropathy - What you need to know
- Posted on 05/26/2016 The foot-related causes of hospital admissions may surprise you.