Whenever I am unfamiliar territory, whether driving or walking, I rely on my smart phone to let me know where I am. I also use it, along with my Garmin watch, to help me keep track of my movements. But now with a new product coming to the market, all you may need are your shoes! Not only will the shoes count the number of steps taken, the distance traveled, and the distance traveled, it will also vibrate letting you know which direction you should be going in. In fact, the same manufacturers are also developing an insert that can be switched from shoe to shoe in order to take that technology with you, whichever shoe you may be wearing! Now there is no excuse to "forget" to track your activity - it will be with you as long as you have your shoes. To read more about running shoes, click here. To read more about the GPS enabled shoes coming to the market, click here. If you have any questions about running and foot health, do not hesitate to give our office a call.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 10/09/2020Custom Orthotics - Answering the most common questions!
- Posted on 10/04/2020Orthotics are an effective adjunct to treat and prevent foot pain in patients of all ages
- Posted on 01/05/2021 Your feet set the stage for how your body responds to the forces of this planet. How could supporting them NOT make them feel better?
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 05/25/2020 Pain in the arch and ankle can be due to adult acquired flatfoot and tendinitis of the posterior tibial tendon. Read this article to learn more about the condition and what can be done to make it better!