Often we have diabetics making appointments for a check up, either for the first time when they are newly diagnosed, or because they have a question or an issue. It is always a good idea to have your feet checked by your podiatrist if you even have an inkling in your head that there may be a problem. This is especially important for newly diagnosed diabetics in order to get a baseline exam. Plus, every time you visit Dr. McNeill or me, you will gain insight as to what we are looking for that may be cause for alarm, and learn what is considered "normal" for the diabetic foot. Every time you visit our office is an opportunity for us to educate you. An educated patient not only benefits the patient, but it allows us to help you better with your foot problems.
- Posted on 12/30/2018How To Perform a Diabetic Foot Self-Exam
- Posted on 05/12/2016Swab that
- Posted on 04/09/2016Torture or treatment: Episode 3-Erector set for your foot
- Posted on 06/14/2018 Peripheral Neuropathy - What you need to know
- Posted on 05/26/2016 The foot-related causes of hospital admissions may surprise you.
- Posted on 04/24/2016 Keeping your feet healthy as a diabetic is easy once you have the right strategy to maintain those healthy feet