During the holidays, there is so much to keep track of - but if you have ever suffered a gout attack in your big toe joint, you know that prevention is everything. At parties and gatherings, be sure to stay away from excess alcohol as this can precipitate a gout attack. Be sure to hydrate yourself and stay away from high fructose corn syrup, as this can cause an incrase level of uric acid in the blood which causes a gout flare up. And finally, be sure to stay away from high sodium foods as this can dehydrate you, causing an increase in uric acid in your body. Most of all, keep track of your gout medications and go over them with your primary doctor. If you do think you are having a gout attack or a flare up, call our office ASAP and we can help!
- Posted on 04/06/2020The "Other" Ankle Joint
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 07/02/2016How do prescription anti inflammatory medications work?
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.
- Posted on 08/15/2020 Diabetic patients need to be aware of a specific disorder that can affect the bones of their feet - Charcot arthropathy
- Posted on 06/15/2020 Different types of arthritis can effect your feet, especially your toes.