During the holidays, there is so much to keep track of - but if you have ever suffered a gout attack in your big toe joint, you know that prevention is everything. At parties and gatherings, be sure to stay away from excess alcohol as this can precipitate a gout attack. Be sure to hydrate yourself and stay away from high fructose corn syrup, as this can cause an incrase level of uric acid in the blood which causes a gout flare up. And finally, be sure to stay away from high sodium foods as this can dehydrate you, causing an increase in uric acid in your body. Most of all, keep track of your gout medications and go over them with your primary doctor. If you do think you are having a gout attack or a flare up, call our office ASAP and we can help!
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 07/02/2016How do prescription anti inflammatory medications work?
- Posted on 04/14/2016Torture or Treatment: Episode 4-
- Posted on 04/21/2019 Do I Have Gout?
- Posted on 03/07/2019 Joint pain can slow you down. Let us take a look and get to the bottom of the issue and help you feel great again.
- Posted on 04/02/2018 Read on to learn the in's and out's of this not-so-uncommon condition