I am fortunate to see patients that inspire me every day. One patient in particular has 6 marathons under his belt. As I was treating him for his heel pain to get him running again, we started talking about training in general, and his experiences. He said, "Dr. Arain, the marathon is not on October 13." Huh? Do I have the dates wrong? "No, the race day is October 13, but the marathon is the training and perseverance that you have been going through for the last 4-5 months, week by week, day by day. If you can do that, showing up at the start line is the last step." Spoken like a true veteran, I am taking his advice to heart. Those words keep me going!
- Posted on 09/11/2020Should I rest or should I push through?
- Posted on 08/03/2020Don't Let Foot Problems Ruin Your Golf Game
- Posted on 03/18/2020Healthy Feet and Bodies in the Time of Coronavirus
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 01/29/2020 7 Easy Runners' Hacks To Keep Blisters At Bay
- Posted on 12/18/2019 Can My Strike Pattern Prevent a Running Injury?