I am fortunate to see patients that inspire me every day. One patient in particular has 6 marathons under his belt. As I was treating him for his heel pain to get him running again, we started talking about training in general, and his experiences. He said, "Dr. Arain, the marathon is not on October 13." Huh? Do I have the dates wrong? "No, the race day is October 13, but the marathon is the training and perseverance that you have been going through for the last 4-5 months, week by week, day by day. If you can do that, showing up at the start line is the last step." Spoken like a true veteran, I am taking his advice to heart. Those words keep me going!
- Posted on 04/15/2019This tech could protect runners from stress fractures
- Posted on 04/01/2019This Pre-Run Warmup Could Banish Injuries
- Posted on 03/22/2019Slow and Steady Wins the Race
- Posted on 03/19/2019 Running After Baby: What You Need to Know
- Posted on 02/24/2019 Do You Have Pain On The Outside Of Your Foot? It Could Be Peroneal Tendinitis
- Posted on 10/23/2018 The Safe Way to Get into Running