Diabetes won't hold you back from sports, just ask Jay Cutler, QB for the Chicago Bears. Exercise and working out actually keeps your blood sugars down, and most importantly, contributes to a healthy lifestyle. When the quarterback started his 2007 season, he lost 30 pounds and needed to get checked out. After a workup, he realized he was diabetic and did not really know much about it. But with the help of coaches and dieticians, he was able to keep playing. To read more about his journey, click here. But Jay Cutler is an example to what you can accomplish even with diabetes - it just takes education and determination.
- Posted on 12/30/2018How To Perform a Diabetic Foot Self-Exam
- Posted on 05/12/2016Swab that
- Posted on 04/09/2016Torture or treatment: Episode 3-Erector set for your foot
- Posted on 06/14/2018 Peripheral Neuropathy - What you need to know
- Posted on 05/26/2016 The foot-related causes of hospital admissions may surprise you.
- Posted on 04/24/2016 Keeping your feet healthy as a diabetic is easy once you have the right strategy to maintain those healthy feet