November is diabets awareness month. According to the American diabetes association, nearly 30 million children and adults have diabetes in this country alone. This does not even include the milions of people who have prediabets and are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes. The ADA makes it their mission to raise awareness of this disease. It also aims to educate the public about the complications that can occur due to diabetes, including foot problems. Very often as a newly diagnosed diabetic, or even one who has had long standing diabetes, you should have your feet checked by a podiatrist. Our doctors at Priarie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic will do a thorough comprehensive diabetic foot exam and make recommendations on shoe gear and footcare. So this month, if you have diabetes, make an effort to take charge of your health and make an appointment with our office today. To read more about the ADA, click here.
- Posted on 12/30/2018How To Perform a Diabetic Foot Self-Exam
- Posted on 05/12/2016Swab that
- Posted on 04/09/2016Torture or treatment: Episode 3-Erector set for your foot
- Posted on 06/14/2018 Peripheral Neuropathy - What you need to know
- Posted on 05/26/2016 The foot-related causes of hospital admissions may surprise you.
- Posted on 04/24/2016 Keeping your feet healthy as a diabetic is easy once you have the right strategy to maintain those healthy feet