Professional ballet dancers - how do they keep their feet moving pain free? Well, the truth is at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic, we treat quite a few dancers, and it is their podiatrists that keep their feet moving! A common complaint is pain in the ball of the foot, at the base of the big toe joint, called sesamoiditis. It is the inflammation of the 2 floating bones, or sesamoids, that take beating when dancers land on the ball of the foot. But you don't have to be a dancer to feel this type of pain. If you or a family member may be feeling this type of pain, make an appointment with one of our doctors today.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 11/08/2020Before You Go Out to Rake those Leaves
- Posted on 07/01/2020I think I stepped on something and I think it is embedded in my foot
- Posted on 12/05/2020 What does swelling in my foot and ankles mean?
- Posted on 11/13/2020 I don't recall any trauma, so why do I have pain on the outside of my foot? Could be tendinitis.
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.