Professional ballet dancers - how do they keep their feet moving pain free? Well, the truth is at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic, we treat quite a few dancers, and it is their podiatrists that keep their feet moving! A common complaint is pain in the ball of the foot, at the base of the big toe joint, called sesamoiditis. It is the inflammation of the 2 floating bones, or sesamoids, that take beating when dancers land on the ball of the foot. But you don't have to be a dancer to feel this type of pain. If you or a family member may be feeling this type of pain, make an appointment with one of our doctors today.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Anyone - even the President-elect Joe Biden - can have foot pain!
- Posted on 11/08/2020Raking leaves should be seen for what it is - an activity with special demands that you only do a few times a year and only for a few weeks each year. Read on to learn why we want you to think twice before you rake.
- Posted on 07/01/2020Think you may have stepped on something and now it may be in your foot? Here is what to do.
- Posted on 02/21/2021 Why aren't over the counter orthotics getting rid of my pain? Why custom orthotics may be what you need.
- Posted on 01/20/2021 MLS Laser - all your questions answered!
- Posted on 12/05/2020 What does swelling in my foot and ankles mean?