Anything that can get you out and about and moving is going to help control blood sugar levels, and in turn, help regulate blood sugar levels in the future. Research has shown that even leisurely activities, both aerobic and exercise and strength training, are directly correlated with better scores on the glucose tolerance test, or the test that measures how efficiently your body metabolizes glucose, or sugar. So with the weather improving every day, grab a pair of running or walking shoes as keep moving. If you need advice on the proper shoes to wear, see one of our doctors. Your body will thank you now, and later.
- Posted on 06/19/2019Got Diabetes? What You Eat Matters (More than you Think!)
- Posted on 12/30/2018How To Perform a Diabetic Foot Self-Exam
- Posted on 05/12/2016Swab that
- Posted on 06/23/2019 Tingling or Numbness in your toes? It could be peripheral neuropathy
- Posted on 06/14/2018 Peripheral Neuropathy - What you need to know
- Posted on 05/26/2016 The foot-related causes of hospital admissions may surprise you.