How can an arch support help "ankle" pain? Because often the pain that you feel towards the inside of your ankle is actually originating from the inside part, or the arch, of the foot. Often patients come to the office with a chief complaint of ankle pain, and they point to the inside of the ankle bone and just beneath it. What they are truly pointing to is the part of the posterior tibial tendon, which courses behind the ankle bone and inserts into the arch of the foot. Different things can aggravate this tendon,causing an inflammation, or a tendonitis. Sometimes it is hard to pinpoint what could cause the tendonitis. For example, it can be due to an acute injury, or it can be due to trying a new activity or exercise, or even increased time weight-bearing with poor arch support in their shoes. Since this tendon helps hold up the arch, a simple arch support, or orthotic, in your shoe can help as part of your treatment plan. If you are having ankle pain or foot pain, the first step is to make an appointment with one of our doctors at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic. After a thorough exam and digital X-rays taken in our office to rule out any bony deformities, our doctors will come up with a thorough treatment plan that will incorporate bracing and arch support to decrease pain. A good arch support will also be necessary to prevent the pain from coming back. So call our office today.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 11/08/2020Before You Go Out to Rake those Leaves
- Posted on 07/01/2020I think I stepped on something and I think it is embedded in my foot
- Posted on 12/05/2020 What does swelling in my foot and ankles mean?
- Posted on 11/13/2020 I don't recall any trauma, so why do I have pain on the outside of my foot? Could be tendinitis.
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.