Oh my aching joints!
Many people experience joint pain and whether it be in your big toe joint, knees, hips or ankle, it all is due to an inflammatory response that is beginning (or sometimes very advanced) in that area. Our joints, especially those of the lower extremity undergo immense day to day stresses! When walking and running 3-5 times your body weight is transmitted throught the bones and joints. That's enough to make any of them succumb to injury.
It's important to keep your joints healthy which can be done through hydration, including non-impact activities in your exercise regimen, wearing supportive shoes and correcting the imbalances and improper position of the joints with custom orthotics.
Suprisingly many patients experience knee and hip pain solely because of how their foot is contacting the ground. Many people don't realize how simple it is to fix, and thus end up with a much worse condition by waiting to seek care.
Call our office if you are suffering from joint pain. We will get you on the road to recover and pain free activity!
Frequent Questions for Joint Pain:
- Are there risk factors that make me prone to having gout?
- What symptoms does gout cause?
- Can women get gout?
- What is Mobic?
- What is anacin?
- Do only the rich and obese get gout?
- Why are my feet and legs so tired?
- Why is my big toe red, hot and swollen?
- Are steroids bad for me?
- What causes high arches
- What does a gout attack feel like in the big toe joint?
- What medications are used to treat a gout attack in the big toe joint?
- How can your doctors help me with gout?
- What can I do at home for my gout?
- How did I get arthritis in my big toe?
- Why doesn't everyone get arthritis?
- What can I do about arthritis?
- How do I know if the pain my big toe joint is a gout attack?
- Why did my big toe joint start hurting when I took up yoga?
- What is gout?
Blog for Joint Pain
- How do prescription anti inflammatory medications work?
- Torture or Treatment: Episode 4-
- How can I control gout this holiday season?
- Advanced Exercises for Ankle Instability
- Downward Dog got you down?
- Joint Replacements in the Foot
Library for Joint Pain:
- Diagnosing Gout
No one should live with foot pain! Call Prairie Path Foot & Ankle Clinic today for an appointment with Elmhurst's finest podiatry group! Call 630-834-3668.
- Pain in the ball of the foot? It could be capsulitis
You shouldn't have to live with foot pain! Call Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic today! 630-834-3668
- Gout in the foot - what are the chances?
If you are having foot pain, don't delay! Call Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic today 630-834-3668
- High arched feet are also referred to as cavus feet. They can tell us a lot about a person, just like other foot types.
We've all heard about and seen flatfeet, but not as much attention has been directed towards high arched feet. Just like flat feet, these feet can be painful.
- Pain in your foot - could it be gout?
That pain in your foot could be caused by a gout attack - but how do you know?
- Stiffness in the big toe joint is usually related to some form of arthritis. Read on to find out why this happens and what can be done about it!
Stiffness or limited motion in the big toe joint can cause pain and can refer pain to other parts of the body because of compensation. Why does that happen?
- Gout is a type of arthritis that affects the foot.
Gout is a type of arthritis that affects the foot.